I’ve been playing more and more fast games lately, both blitz and faster rapid. It seems like this is hurting, so I’m going to do “No Blitz November,” which is a thing I just made up. No blitz games all month. In fact, I’m going to try to only play a minimum of 30-minute games. Ideally I’ll play 7 30-minute games each week.
There is an OTB tournament in a couple of weeks, but I do not think I’ll do that one.
I paused taking lessons for the time being. Here are the things I want to work on:
- Chess: The Art of Logical Thinking - McDonald - working through annotated games
- Keep It Simple for Black - I learned the 1.e4 and 1.d4 quick starter chapters, but I need to keep reviewing those. There is also a quick starter chapter on other first moves I may look into. I’m not going to do more of that for now.
Keep working on the Polgar tactics on Chessable. I’m done with the first three, but I will keep reviewing them while I work on book 4.
- Learn Chess the Right Way - Book 1: Must Know Checkmates
- Learn Chess the Right Way - Book 2: Winning Material
- Learn Chess the Right Way - Book 3: Mastering Defensive Technique
- Learn Chess the Right Way - Book 4: Sacrifice to Win!
I picked up “Chess Steps” again. I’m solving over 90% of the puzzles in the level 2 book, so they may be too easy. I might just try to work through this level when I’m sitting in front of the TV or can’t give it my full focus.