What went well?
- I continued working through the annotated games in Logical Chess: Move by Move. This is a good book, but I’ve been sitting on it for so long that I just want to finish it.
- One of my games was features in the US Chess correspondence newsletter. See my game here.
- I captured how much time I spent on all my chess activites. See here.
What could have gone better?
- I did not study much, instead I played lots of games. In 4 days I played 36 10-minute rapid games. The good thing was that it was a fun break and a chance to just play a bunch of games. 2 weeks ago I purposly did not play many games but that did not feel right either. The bad thing was that I did not do very well, losing 22 of 36 games. Interestingly, on Chess.com I lost 30 rating points and on Lichess I went up 50 rating points, but that was partly because I had not been on Lichess as much so each win seemed to have a bigger impact.
What will I try next?
- Finish Logical Chess book
- Lesson on Thursday
- Get back to playing 30-minute games so I have more time to think.
Tweet of the Week
I feel like I need to do some work on my own to do some #chess improvement before getting a coach. Or do I get a coach to work on my improvement? #chesspunks— Matt (@MattPlaysChess) September 10, 2021