What went well?
- Studying checkmates on chessable is enjoyable. I am doing the spaced repetition until I don’t have many to review and then add on another set of checkmates. I think this is making me look for mates easier, but I’ve only studied a handful of patterns so far.
- I won 8 out of 16 30-minute rapid games this week. 3/4 of the games were against higher-rated opponents, but I still managed to increase my rating slightly this week.
What could have gone better?
- I am getting more challenging opponents, which in general is good for learning. However, it is making for more challenging games and I am starting to run into time trouble in 30-minute games.
- I am getting a little overwhelmed with how much there is to learn. I know that I just need to go slow and steady, but I am having a little bit of a panic attack thinking about getting ready for a tournament in 3 months.
I love playing and studying #chess but some days I am overwhelmed by how much there is to do and learn. #burnout #chesspunks— Matt (@MattPlaysChess) October 18, 2021
What will I try next?
- Don’t try to do too much. Focus on a small set of improvements instead of trying to do all the things.