What went well?
- I have been writing these weekly updates for 20 weeks straight!
- I had my first “easy” game in a long time. I won all 5 of my rapid games this week and got back to 1200
Maybe my recent focus on tactics is helping, who would have thought.— Matt (@MattPlaysChess) December 20, 2021
Leading up to this I played Nf6+ knowing this pin was coming if black played exf6, which they did. pic.twitter.com/jzOj7rl4BB
What could have gone better?
- It was a slow week with Christmas. Time to get back to the grind.
- Aimchess updated their design which now is great but meant I had no personalized lessons for a couple of days.
What will I try next?
- Keep working on The Soviet Chess Primer book, which is going well. I like the slow and steady approach I am taking.
- Play a longer (higher stakes) training game