What went well?
- My current study plan seems to be going pretty well. I want to keep focusing on this. Having one thing to focus on has really been helping me focus. Before I started these study plans, I would be trying so many things and jumping around from topic to topic. My new approach of doing one thing at a time is working well for me.
- I looked back on my Chess.com games from when I started 9 years ago
- I feel like I have been winning more games. My stats in January for my Rapid games are below. I played 30 rapid games and won 52%. I’d like to see that even a little higher. I stopped playing blitz on January 17, and since then my win rate has been 57% (14 games). Still too early to say that those things are correlated, but it is looking good.
What could have gone better?
- Part of my study plan should be to do things that are not chess-related so I get a break. I am worried I will burn out if I keep focusing this much on chess. On the other hand, I feel like I am missing opportunities if I am not playing or studying.
What will I try next?
- I posted a Game of the Week last week. I think I will try this each week and see how it goes.
Tweet of the Week
3 kids = 3 days a week at piano lessons = 3 blocks of dedicated #chess study time for me. I may have scheduled different lesson days for this very purpose. pic.twitter.com/fHgIdyxmU6— MattPlaysChess (@MattPlaysChess) January 24, 2022