What went well?
- I finished a daily chess tournament with coworkers. I am glad to be done. It feels like those dailoy games just take so much energy.
- I crossed a 200-day streak on Chessable
- I sigend up for ChessMood and I’m excited to get going. I’m not going to do much until after my tournament this weekend.
What were you doing at the end of July 2021? I didn't realize it at the time, but I was starting a @chessable streak.— Matt (@MattPlaysChess) February 15, 2022
I'm also not ashamed that I used 2 "streak protects" in there. Everyone deserves take a break once in a while.#chess #chesspunks https://t.co/Snne0zp9Ud pic.twitter.com/PEiJaSP1Cx
What could have gone better?
- I went 2 for 10 in rapid games this week. During the games I felt like I was not able to calculate at all. I think part of it is that I’m a bit nervous for my tournament. I also wonder if my push to do fast tactics is making me play too fast.
I feel like I have a mental block with #chess this week. I just stare at the board and can't figure out how to even start calculating or finding candidate moves. Long games, slow games, it doesn't matter. I think I need a break.— Matt (@MattPlaysChess) February 18, 2022
What will I try next?
- Since I’ve been losing so many games, I need to find a way to “get my mojo back.” I’m going to start with a really long game, and try to really force myself to focus and calculate.
- I have my first OTB tournament this weekend. All my focus is on that. This week I want to pause trying to learn new things, and just get comfortable with what I know now.