What went well?
- I finished the ChessMood WhiteMood Opening starter course. The last few sections were gambits that did not take as long as I was expecting so I finished a bit earlier than planned. All the variations are in Chessable and I review them every day.
- I have been combining exercise with watching chess videos. It seems to be working so far and I feel like I am stealing time by doing two things at once.
- I played my dad in chess and won. It wasn’t that I really wanted to beat my dad or anything (though he has always been better at games than me). I just want to be able to play real people and win.
I played my dad in #chess today. We haven’t played in probably 30 years where I’m sure he beat me. I won, but it took me a year of training to get to this point!— Matt (@MattPlaysChess) April 16, 2022
What could have gone better?
- I played a number of blitz games. They were fun, but I wasn’t really focused or playing good chess. Lots of blunders.
I don't usually play #blitz - but I just won 5 out of 6. I probably can keep that streak going, right? I should just keep playing, right? This is good for my #chess improvement, right?— Matt (@MattPlaysChess) April 12, 2022
What will I try next?
- I am going to start the BlackMood opening starter course next
- I really need to get back to analyzing my own games. That is my biggest goal this week.
- I am going to try a new approach to my daily tactics. I am going to review all the open positions in Chessable I have, then each day add 5 more puzzles. I feel this has been slipping so I want to give it more attention.