What went well?
- I signed up for the ChessDojo training plan. I’m not so sure how much of it I’ll use, but the book recommendations and general tips that are included have been valuable.
- I finished reading Chess Improvement: It’s all in the mindset
- I started reading Winning Chess Strategies and Silman’s Complete Endgame Course.
What could have gone better?
- I keep working on Chessable, but I had a couple low-effort days. I’m almost half-way (46%) done with Book 3: Mastering Defensive Technique, which I do every day in addition to books 1 and 2. I also keep working on my own opening courses, though the number of lines I have to do each day is getting smaller, which is a good sign. I worry a little that I’m going to forget some of the opening lines, but that is what Chessable is good for, right? Showing me the lines when I need to see them again?
What will I try next?
- I registered for an OTB tournament this weekend. 5 G90+30 games over 2 days!
Tweet of the Week
I feel like a real #chesspunk now pic.twitter.com/6RtueNIvm2— Matt (@MattPlaysChess) June 15, 2022