What went well?
- I played my 1000th rapid game on Chess.com
- In addition to my normal tactics, I have been doing Lichess opening tactics.
- Through July 10 I had: 155 puzzles, 93 correct (60%), +293 points (1386 start)
- I restarted working on the Chess Steps Level 2 workbook
- I’m very slowly working on Complete Endgame Manual
- I started working on a new opening against 1. d4. I’m using the Keep It Simple For Black. I like it better than what I had, but there is a lot of work ahead of me.
- I fought back from a very losing position in a game (Stockfish says my opponent was +10) and won! I feel like it was a bit of a turning point, but we’ll see.
What could have gone better?
- Looking at that list above, there is a lot. I’m not sure if I should be focusing on one thing or a little bit of a lot of things.
What will I try next?
- Having a second lesson with a new coach where he said we would be doing some tactics evaluation and then he’d give me homework.
- Next week I’ll be taking a break from chess for a week while on vacation. I’m bringing one chess book, but no games, no chessable, no endgames. Just a bit of time to recharge.