What went well?
Good luck!— Susan Polgar (@SusanPolgar) September 10, 2022
- Susan Polgar wished me good luck. What?!?
- I finished reading Winning Chess Strategies. However, I did not play through all the games, so I know I could get more out of it. It is a book I will come back to.
- I got my blitz rating over 800. This isn’t great since my rapid is over 1400, but it is something. Now I’m going to hold off playing blitz for a bit.
What could have gone better?
- I made a lot of stupid blunders in my games this week. I will play pretty good for most of the game, then play one fast move and make a mistake. I need to slow down and think about every move.
What will I try next?
- I registered for an OTB tournament for this weekend. I went up a section since I feel like the U1200 section is the wild west and ratings make no difference. Maybe things are a little more established in the U1800 section.
- I started reading Forcing Chess Moves