What went well?
- I joined the SayChess Accountability Group. It is interesting to track my time, which I have done before here and here. Now others can see it, which is a bit different. I was in the top 10 for time spent. Now I just need to figure out if that time is well spent.
- I did better at my online games. I won 7 out of 11 with 1 draw and 3 losses. I won 3 out of 4 as black, which is an improvement.
What could have gone better?
- Friday I felt a little sick but kept trying to play games. I lost 2 and drew 1. I should be OK just not playing games if I don’t feel like it.
- I am spending a lot of my study time on openings, which is not ideal. For now I’m going to live with it as I’m really trying to figure out my black openings and have been going through the Keep It Simple quick starter. Once I am done with the quick starter lines, I’m not going to add any more unless I face them in a game.
What will I try next?
- I have a short week this week because of some travel plans. Keep on studying when I can, and come back strong and refreshed next week.
Tweet of the Week
This has been a game-changer for me, as long as I remember to keep it up:
I tend to play too fast. I took @GregShahade’s simple advice, took at least 1 minute per move to make myself think, and won with no blunders and only 2 minutes left on my clock (better than losing with 20 minutes left). https://t.co/2gGBp3woD8— Matt (@MattPlaysChess) October 10, 2022